We had an eventful holiday weekend filled with friends, fireworks, near misses, home improvement and even a trip to the ER.
It all started out well: get everything for the hot tub hooked up, go to a BBQ and have a fun weekend. Friday morning we purchased all of the supplies for the hot tub. Then off to the BBQ, where we ate too much and hung out all evening. The kidlet's first time staying up late for fireworks. He loved it until a speck of something landed by his eye. (about a millimeter from his tear duct!) We got everything out and were good to go within an hour....a lucky near miss.
Saturday we got to work on the hot tub. B braved the attic, drilling holes and preparing to pull cable. During this process, I managed to cut my right ring finger, right below the lower knuckle. So off to the ER we went. I did a good job...cut halfway through the tendon! So they put in four stitches, splinted it and sent me home with a referral to a hand specialist. So tomorrow we'll see what he says, hopefully nothing serious. It doesn't hurt much, just awkward to have a splint and keeping it dry.
The good news is the hot tub is set up and tonight it will be ready to go. :)
Today, the kidlet and I are off to a free movie. Then I hope he'll help me with some laundry and vacuuming....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment