Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Time Management

I’ve come to realize in the past few days that I’m turning into the queen of unfinished projects. Lately it’s a major accomplishment to get any task finished: laundry, crafts, cleaning, phone calls…whatever is on my list. If I do complete something, I feel so accomplished that I start three more things “since now I have the time.”

I rarely notice the cycle that I’ve created for myself. Major wrenches in our schedule bring out the worst of my method…vacation, house guests, sickness.

I guess what I’m getting at is I need to clear my plate. Get all my loose ends tied up before my surgery. Before the spring weather arrives. But in true fashion I’ve booked myself up until the last possible moment…

Here’s a look at my schedule for the next eight days:
Tonight: Meet with trainer
Thursday: Pre-op appointment (am) Dinner with girlfriends (pm)
Friday: Playgroup (am) Finish making decorations for kidlet’s party
Saturday/Sunday: Clean house Last minute grocery shopping before surgery
Monday: Field trip to Tulip Fields Bake goodies for Tues. night
Tuesday: Playdate (am) Host Mary Kay Party (pm)
Wednesday: Surgery (am)

Stuff I want to get done before surgery:
Put laundry away (why is this such an issue?)
Finish MOMS Club Nominating committe calls
Go through kidlet’s clothes, hand down stuff that’s too little
Put scrapbook area back together…looks like a train wreck
Put together a list of activities around town for the boys (ie. story times, play house days)
CLEAN HOUSE
Get all prep done of C’s birthday party
Buy birthday presents for upcoming parties (between now and mid-April)
Start/finish circle journal for Metro Scrappers Group

No comments: