Thursday, November 03, 2005

Backtrack


I have to backtrack a couple of weeks to when we went to the pumpkin farm. This is our third year visiting the same farm. Not a lot changes there, but our priorities are different now. It used to be a quest for the perfect pumpkin, browsing the country store and leaving without much discussion.
Now is a different story. We get there, I rush to the ticket booth while B, Carol and Connor go to wait in line for the ponies. This has turned into the main event. Forget the stunkin' pumpkins, fresh donuts and all the goats to feed....we HAVE to ride the ponies at least once.
So when his turn is over the ugly fit begins. "Let's go pick a pumpkin!" I try to divert but it doesn't work. Finally we get him away from the pony tent and into a wheelbarrow to search for the pumpkin.
We find a couple, ante up our cash and head for the car. A quick pic and we're on our way. Two days later, Connor demands we "Go see those ponies!" Of course I tell him they aren't there, a little white lie. Oh well, he'll survive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Connor the ponies turned into pumpkins and the pumpkins turned into pie. On second thought, don't tell him that.

No wonder I don't have kids...